1641 maryhill Road, Maryhill, Glasgow. G20 0DZ.
The White House. 1991.
The White House has been lying derelict for some time now.
In 1891 Mrs Sherry was licensee she sold the premises to Samuel G Howard, of Scottish Vintners Company. Scottish Vintners Company also had premises on Stewart Street.
To read the history of Samuel G Howard and the Scottish Vintners Company Click Here.
In 1911 Owen Jones took over the licence, Mr Jones became well known for the running of Wilson’s Bar, 4 Byres Road, Partick, Thomas B McConnell then took over the running of both these popular bars.
Before the White House closed down Mr Thomas McLaughlin was licensee, it’s a shame to see Maryhill so run down, many pubs in the area are also run down and many of them are now closing down.
The White House. 2005.