40 Bridgegate, Glasgow This establishment was known as The Wee Man in the 1970s and known as Blacks in the late 1800s. Selling Whisky to Children – 1889 Joseph Black, spirit merchant at 40 Bridgegate was brought up at the Glasgow Central Police Court in October 1889 charged with supplying three boys – James Goodwin […]
260 Buchanan Street, corner of 430-36 Parliamentary Road. Stevenson Taylor. There has been a pub on this site since 1842. The owner Michael Johnston was licensee until the mid 1850s. However it was not until 1857 that Wine and Spirit Merchant Robert Stevenson took over the pub. He was living at 22 Charlotte Street near […]
Unknown Pub. 117 Bishop Street, Anderston. Do you know the name of this Public House.? The pub sat at the corner of 117 Bishop Street, and William Street, Anderston. It was originally called Gilmour’s Bar. Hugh Gilmour the owner of the pub in the 1890s had other premises in the city, the most famous one […]
Archibald McPherson ran this pub in 1887. In 1889 Robert A Burnside took over the property and turned it into a very popular bar.