71 Cadogan Street, Glasgow.
John Lorimer’s Bar. 1960s.
John Lorimer’s bar sat at the corner of Cadogan Street and Douglas Street.
There was a pub on this site called Oliver Ross from 1865 to 1875.
William Adam a Gorbals spirit merchant took over this pub in 1897, he had a pub at the corner of Rutherglen Road and McNeil Street. He continued as licensee until after WW1.
In 1937 the licence was transferred to John David Lorimer, his father previously held the licence. The pub survived until the 1960s.