125 John Knox Street, Glasgow. Interior view of the Molendinar Bar with barman and owner Mrs Isabel McAllister. Thanks to William and Irene Downie. The history of the Molendinar Bar in John Knox Street started in 1878 when Nathaniel Motherwell acquired a licence to sell wine and spirits at 125 John Knox Street. Nathaniel was […]
Jamaica Street, Glasgow. Tel: 0141 248 4554. Osmosis. 1991. Osmosis. 2008.
7 The Italian Centre John Street, Glasgow. G1 1HP. Closed. Cafe Qui. 1991. Do you remember this venue? If so please leave a comment. END.
88 John Street, Bridgeton, Glasgow. G40 2HW. William Brown’s Bar. 1909. William Brown’s Bar. 1909. William Brown’s bar was situated in John Street, Bridgeton. John Street was changed to Tullis Street. Tullis Street was named after John Tullis a family of Tanner’s and leather merchants who gifted the hammer beam roof of Greenhead and Barrowfield […]
146 James Street, Bridgeton, Glasgow. Demolished. James Durward owned this pub in the 1930s, he continued as licensee for thirty years. In 1968 John Kenneth Dunbar took over the licence. When the building was condemned the Dunbar family removed to Landressy Street, just around the corner from the pub, this pub still operates today and […]
161 James Street, Glasgow. G40 1BS. Closed. The Mermaid, 161 James Street. 1991. There’s been a pub on this site since 1873. Landlord Samuel Pincock was born and bred in Glasgow, when he took over the pub in the winter of 1873 he was living in nearby London Road. The following year he moved to […]