West Regent Street, Glasgow. Whitehall restaurant advert 1974. This was originally owned by brothers George and John MacLachlan. The Whitehall. 1977.
53-57 West Regent Street, Glasgow. G2 2AE. Tel: 0141 332 3007. Also Known as Nomad. Check back soon for the history of this pub.
57 West Regent Street, Glasgow. G2. Tel: 0141 332 0595. MacLachlan’s opened in 2000 and stayed open less than a year due to flooding. Beer was brewed on the premises and was 100% organic Scottish ingredients as was the menu. The building was built in 1902, a red sandstone with pink granite. This was the […]
51 West Regent Street, Glasgow. La Costiera, West Regent Street adverts 1977. ————————————————— In the NEWS 1979… Since it opened 18 months ago La Costiera Ristorante in West Regent Street has become one of Glasgow’s top night spots. Now Crolla Brothers, who own the restaurant, have expanded to take over the Ivanhoe Hotel in Buchanan […]
142 West Regent Street, Glasgow. G2 2RQ. Tel: 0141 204 3605. Richards Basement. 1991. Update…2005. Now Called the Bear. In the NEWS 1979… A Warm Welcome to the Hot House… Mouth-Watering moussaka, burger on sesame bun with French fries, tagliatelle Bolognaise and quiche…, all at one restaurant. Versatility is the trademark of the newly opened […]
176 West Regent Street, Glasgow. G2 4RL. Tel: 0141 248 3801. The News in 1970… Chess Board All Set In Victorian times many parts of Glasgow had a regal atmosphere of some grandeur, and perhaps none more than Blythswood Square area. To-day many of the buildings thereabouts still have the Victorian stamp on them. If […]