69 Govan Road corner of 1 Eadlesham Street, Govan, Glasgow. 69 Govan Road was situated at the corner of 1 Eaglesham Street in the south side of the City. A pub has been here since the late 1800s, the address was then 103-05 Govan Road at the corner of Camden Place. One of […]
814 Govan Road corner of 2-4 Water Row, Glasgow. Windsor Lounge, Water Row, Govan. 1963. The Windsor Lounge sat at the corner of Water Row and Govan Road. In 1880 William Robin was proprietor of this old public house, he also ran another establishment at 62-64 Thistle Street, Gorbals in the south side of […]
514 Govan Road, Glasgow. W Allan. Circa 1900. William Allan, Wine & Spirit Merchant traded at 514 Govan Road at the corner of Portland lane. The tenement was called Portland Buildings. William Allan removed from these premises and took over a pub at 652 Govan Road at Napier Street, he continued here until his death […]
965-67 Govan Road, Glasgow. To read the history of this popular Govan pub Click here.
967 Govan Road, Glasgow. The Victoria Bar was formerly Halliday’s Butcher shop and opened in 1938 by publican John William MacFarlane. Mr MacFarlane was no new comer to the trade as he formerly held a licence for premises at 941 Govan Road, it was largely to meet the requirements of his customers that he decided […]
803 Govan Road, Glasgow. G51 3DJ.Tel: 01414451349. Brechin’s. 1991. Also known by some of the locals as the Black Man’s, after the statue of Sir William Pearce which stands outside the pub. To read the history of the Brechin family, please check back soon for our second book. Also see Brechin’s Bar Gallowgate. Mr […]