97-99 Candleriggs, Glasgow. G1 1NP. Tel: 0141 553 1577.
147 Springburn Road, Glasgow. The Caley Bar was formerly called Hughes Bar, established by wine and spirit merchant James Hughes in 1875. Mr Hughes lived in nearby 17 Petershill Road, he belonged to the well known Springburn family of Hughes who had pubs and licensed grocers businesses in that area. Mr Hughes also owned […]
68 Great Eastern Road, Glasgow. The old Caledonian Wine and Spirit Vaults was a prominent site in Camlachie, it was situated across from Stevenson Taylor’s Vaults at the Camlachie Institute. The Caledonian Vaults was an old fashioned tavern, the proprietor lived on the premises in its early history. During the 1840s cowfeeder and […]
95-97 Glasgow Road, Clydebank, near Glasgow. Connolly’s Bar, Restaurant, Glasgow Road, Clydebank. 1970s. It’s farewell to Connolly’s Bar, the “Star” of a Gracie Fields film! A Clydebank public house which has been at the heart of the town’s eventful history for many years has closed down and the licensee who has been associated with the […]
4 Calside, Paisley. In the NEWS 1979… A taste of the good life at the “Board Room.” The Craigdhu Bar is probably well-known to most Paisley buddies. Recently the pub at 4 Calside, Paisley, has been receiving a bit of a facelift. An army of joiners, plasterers, and electricians have completely renovated the premises. What […]
652 Gallowgate, Glasgow. Archibald Barr’s premises at the corner of Gallowgate and Soho Street. Mr. Archibald Morris Barr, with months of entering the trade he was involved in the veto polls of 1920. President bows out after hectic finish to fifty-three years in the trade. Now Morris can catch his breath!. Archibald Morris Barr retires […]