The Horn Bar
508 Great Western Road, Glasgow. G12 8EL. Tel: 0141 237 4040. This venue has had a few name changes in recent years such as: Hubbards, The Wise Monkey, Brewdog “Crafty Pig”, LUCA Little Urban Achievers Club The Viper at the corner was formerly called Cleopatra’s it was soon to become well known all over the […]
263 Duke Street, Glasgow. Mr Henry Kerr. 1890. Exterior view of Kerr’s Bar. 1890. To read the full history of Henry Kerr and his public houses. Click here.
The Imperial Vaults, 25 Stockwell Street, Glasgow. When old crooked thatched roof dwellings and ancient tavern’s adorned Stockwell Street the Imperial Vaults first became a licensed business. Although under a different name the old howff was a thriving haunt of sailor’s and merchant’s. In the 1840s spirit dealer James Beekenridge sold claret, stouts, […]
564-66 Springburn Road, Glasgow. This old Springburn landmark was established in 1871 by wine and spirit merchant John Hughes. Other members of his family owned pubs at 588 Springburn Road, and 147 Springburn Road, (Caley Bar.) John ran this old pub until 1875 then Andrew Hughes took over the license. He continued to […]
14-16 West George Street, Glasgow. G2 1HN. Tel: 0141 353 6082. Check back soon for the history of this pub.