10-12 West Nile Street, Glasgow. The Royal Restaurant was a famous landmark in Glasgow for over one hundred years. Established in 1853 by Charles Wilson & Son a cook and confectioner who built the Royal into one of the best places in town to dine and have a good drink. The Royal Restaurant was […]
West Nile Street
161 West Nile Street, Glasgow. James D Wilson’s was situated at the corner of West Nile Street and Renfrew Street, formerly known as the Drummond Castle Bar. To read the full history of this well known Cowcaddens hostelty, check back soon for our second book. also see Forfarshire Bar. Other pubs James D Wilson […]
17 West Nile Street, Glasgow. The Castle Vaults. 1960s. There has been licensed premises on this site since 1845. Over the years there have been well known city wine & spirit Merchants trading from these premises including Alexander Gow, he had another pub on Dundas Street and lived out at Kintyre Villa, Helensburgh. Another well […]
22-24 West Nile Street, Glasgow. G1. The Brasserie. 1991.
86 West Nile Street, Glasgow. G1 2QH. Tel: 0141 353 3414. Bonds, 1991. There been a pub on this site since 1833. It was then called Charles Cruickshank’s Wine & Spirit Vaults. Alexander Cruickshank took over in 1840 also having premises in Buchanan Street, 94 West Nile Street and wine cellars at St. Georges Court. […]
146 West Nile Street, Glasgow. G1 2RQ. Tel: 0141 564 1270. Alfredo’s, 1991. In 1988 Alfredo’s was the only bar to show a friendly football match between Italy and Scotland. The game was on the Italian channel Rai and Alfredo’s, being owned by the Italian Alfredo Lazzurri, had installed Italian television for himself and his […]