Paisley Road West, Glasgow. G51.
The Duke. 1991.
The address of this pub is actually Cornwall Street.
This was originally the Doctors. The pub’s name was changed to the Duke in the early 1990s but was changed back to the Doctors a few years later as every one in the area still called the pub by it’s original name.
The Doctors. 1980s.
The Doctors also known as the Doctors Arms was actually situated at 4-6 Cornwall Street and never had an entrance to Paisley Road West.
In 1896 Andrew Paterson Drysdale was the owner, he paid and annul rent of £90.00. There were three other public houses on Cornwall Street and a licensed grocers.