187 Reidvale Street, Glasgow. G31 1DT. Tel: 0141 554 1519. Closed 19.07.2019.
This old pub sits at the corner of Reidvale Street and Garfield Street. Over the years this old pub has been known as “David White and Sons,” locals called it “White’s,” “Garfield Inn,” “Garfield Bar,” “The Dog and Rabbit,” “Garvale Inn.”
There has been a pub on this site since 1879
This was once called the Garvale Inn. In the early 1900s this was one of John White’s establishment, his brothers and father also traded as David White & Sons. The White family owned many pubs in the area including the now Duke on Duke Street, the LadyWell in Hunter Street, pubs on the Gallowgate, Dalmarnock Road, Baltic Street, Kirk Street Calton and East Waterloo Street. When John White died his brother James took over the business. To read more on the history of the White family and their pubs click here.
Do you have any memories of this old pub? If so please leave a comment.