48-52 TownHead Street, Hamilton.
Mr Robert McGregor. 1888.
Mr Robert McGregor was landlord of a public house 48-52 Townhead Street, Hamilton. Robert was brought up in a country town and a military depot. He took a great interest in everything related to the Yeomanry, having acted as secretary for the Queen’s Own D. Troop on several special occasions, and took an active part in all matters in the interest of the company. Robert was a great lover of all sports and was himself a very fast sprinter.
The pub was situated on a prominent site, the country roads to Lanark and Larkhall passed his premises. He ran a good pub supplying good quality liquor, his whisky was of matured blends and wine of good vintage.