139 Pollok Street corner of 75 Ardgowan Street, Glasgow.
In 1898 Robert Alexander Nixon was landlord, he continued to run a successful business here until 1910. The rent he paid per annum was £49.00.
Robert Moodie then took over the pub, he also ran a good pub which survived through the two World Wars. In 1947 Robert was living at 24 Bruce Road, Pollokshields. The pub was taken over in the 1950s.
Mr George Greig was serving the locals in the 1960s.
One of the last landlords was Mr A McPherson before the premises were demolished in the late 1970s. Mr McPherson also ran pubs at 1287 Gallowgate (The Cross Bar) and 471 Scotland Street.
This 1936 group of Directors of the Glasgow and District Licensed Trade Defence Association with friends photographed at Glencoe on the occasion of the annual excursion. Directors include Messrs James Denholm, president, Archibald McNiven and P B Jackson, vice-president; Lawrence Brady, David Spiers, Peter Wharry, Alex Graham, Kenneth McLean, William Jamieson, Alex Lawson, Robert Moodie, D Stewart, and John Holmes, while others well known in the trade are Messrs George McCartney, Douglas A Wood, Jock Mills, Murdock Macrae, James Paterson and William Cosgrove.