Main Street, Cambuslang. The Auld Hoose, Main Street, Cambuslang was demolished in 1929 to make way for a new cinema The Savoy at a cost of £22,000. Giacinto Minato died in 1912 he was the landlord of the Auld Hoose, Cambuslang. He was a well-known figure in town and a popular man. He spoke […]
Main Street, Cambuslang Cross. The Auld Cellar on the left at Cambuslang Cross. If you have any memories of this pub, please get in touch.
Peter Crawford’s Halfway House, Halfway, Cambuslang. Peter Crawford’s establishment sat opposite the Co-Op, Halfway, Cambuslang. The Sun Inn was further along the road. Close-up view of Peter Crawford’s Halfway House. There were other members of the Crawford family that owned pubs in Halfway, James Crawford, Halfway, and Robert Crawford, Flemington, owned the Halfway House. Close-up […]
Silverbanks, Bothwell Street, Cambuslang. Demolished. The County Bar, Silverbanks, Bothwell Street, Cambuslang. images from a wonderful website by Gordon Dinnie. In 1915 the County Bar owned by W S Angus was broken into, the thieves smashed a plate glass window to gain access. The thugs Alexander Strachan and Joseph Marton, labourers, were both charged with […]
22-24 Newton Brae, Cambuslang, Glasgow. G72 7UW. Closed. The Newton Inn is an old hostelry dating back to Victorian times. Over the years it has had a few name changes including MacKay’s, The Coach & Horses, and The Black Bull. The white building on the left in the background is the Newton Inn. In recent […]
1 Burn Place, Dukes Road, Cambuslang, Glasgow. G72 7DS. Tel: 0141 641 1539. The County Inn. 1991. County Inn. 2015. The County Inn in Cambuslang was opened in November 1960. Interior View of the lounge. 1960. Pictured at the opening of the County,are left to right: Mr M C Niven, Alexander Brothers (Wines), Ltd; Mr […]