Main Street, Gorbals, Glasgow.
The Struan Bar sat at the corner of Main Street and Adelphi Street, Gorbals in the south side of Glasgow. In 1890 the pub was taken over by Messrs. McIndeor and Robertson, they had left no stone unturned and revamped the premises, the old fashioned counters were removed and a new modern Horse Shoe bar put in it’s place. Two large sitting rooms were built with simple table and chairs, electricity was also installed and a new heating apparatus that turned out hot snacks or a glass of hot toddy.
A new McGlashan’s beer raising machine was put in the cellar. “Donald Blend” of old Scotch whisky was popular here at 10d a gill.