94 George Street, Glasgow, G1 1RF
This pub was purchased by Mr A M Muir of 97& 99 Trongate in 1889, who renovated and renamed the pub the Portland Bar.
A number of gentlemen met, on Mr Muir’s invitation, to partake of cake and wine. Ex-Deacon convener Warren presided and those invited included ex-Bailie Shaw, ex-Bailie Thomson, Messrs Alex. Fraser, William Laurie, R D Samuels, John Reid, R Bryson, John Morrison, John Allan, R S Brown, G Walker and W L McKittrick.
The night was brought to a fitting close by singing “Auld Lang Syne”