216 New City Road, Glasgow.
James Wilson. 216 New City Road.
James Wilson traded here from 1911 until 1930.
He moved premises in 1931 to the shop next door 212 New City Road, this pub had a smaller frontage and couldn’t even fit his full name above the doorway.
In 1877 John Fern was landlord, he occupied the premises until 1880, he didn’t have far to walk to open the premises up in the morning as he only lived next door in one of the flats.
J Wilson. 212 New City Road.
Walter Weir took over the pub in 1882, he also ran another small pub at 61 Milton Street, Cowcaddens.
The pub was demolished in the 1960’s.
Photograph of James Wilson coming soon., and more info.
Leave a Reply