71 Nithsdale Road, Glasgow. G41 2AJ. Tel: 0141 423 0107.
There’s been a public house on this site since 1877, owned by wine and spirit merchant James Miller. In 1880 James Miller had wholesale and retail premises at 44-46 Cavendish Street and retail business at 115 Houston Street at the corner of 78-80 South Kinning Place.
In 1881 spirit merchant J B Strewart took over the running of the business for a year before William Graham took over. from 1882 till 1905 Mr Graham served the locals, he also had premises at 27 St James Street at the corner of Paterson Street, Kingston.
Other well known wine & spirit merchants to run this popular bar was John H Gilmour, A. B.& W Stevenson, Robert B Gilchrist. In 1973 Andrew Carolan took over.
In June 2015 Samuel Dow, closed for good, however the following month Lebowski’s Pop Up bar took over and is till going strong 2019.
Dow’s other premises.
The pub got a new name in the Autumn of 2019, not called Samuel Dow but Sammy’s Bar & Kitchen.
Leave a Reply