The Mollinsburn Inn pictured here about the year 1840. It was a seven days licence which was held without complaint for over 150 years. Peter Drummond the last licensee gave up the certificate in 1902 after his retirement and closed the Inn. This old licence was one of six held by the Drummond family circle.
Mr Drummond lived in retirement at Hillside Cottage, Cumbernauld until his death in 1922. A bed was endowed at Glasgow Royal Infirmary and was officially opened by Mrs Tarbet in the same year in memory of the Drummond’s of Mollinsburn.