2 Waterloo Street, Glasgow.
Mr John White, Waterloo Street, Glasgow. 1887.
John White was landlord of a smart pub that stood at the corner of Waterloo Street and Argyle Street, the Waterloo Bar now stands on the site of this old pub. Mr White devoted all his time in looking after his father’s interest about the different establishments he owned.
Mr White was an ardent Freemason, in 1887 the brethren of Lodge St. Mungo with their wives and friends, had their annual excursion. They proceeded via Balloch to Ardlui, Loch Lomond, and dined in the Colquhoun Arms there. After dinner, the usual loyal and patriotic toasts were duly honoured. There-after the R. W. M., who presided, presented to Bro. John White, Immediate Past Master, a very handsome Past Master’s Jewel, furnished by Bro. Jack, in the name of the brethren of the Lodge, in recognition of his ability while in the chair, and of his continued zeal and enthusiasm in the interests of Masonry.