8 Crown Street, Gorbals, Glasgow.
Mr Walter Buchanan. 1902.
In 1877 well-known wine and spirit merchant William Cook acquired a licence for this small public house. Over the years many Glasgow publican tried their hand at making a good living out of this pub.
William Cook left in 1882 and another publican called James Hannah then took over and lasted less than two years, like his predecessors left without making much money.
In 1885 William Cahill took over, William lived nearby at 10 Apsley Place with his family. Mr Cahill served the locals here until 1888.
Yet another publican took over the licence, he was William Campbell, maybe this William had better luck than the other. But he only lasted less than a year.
John Gray then took over in 1890. John had another public house at 97 Rottenrow and lasted a bit longer in the pub. Mr Gray paid an annul rent of £70 and sold up in 1901.
On 19th May 1902 Walter Buchanan took over the running of the business. Walter had no luck either as he sold up two years afterwards.
The other licensee to run this pub was D B Rodger and M Quinn before the pub was closed down and demolished in 1908.