615 Great Eastern Road, Gallowgate, Glasgow.
George Honeyman Farmer’s Vaults.
George Honeyman Farmer’s Vaults was the last pub on the Gallowgate. Situated at the corner of Great Eastern Road as it was called then, and New Road now called Duke Street.
To read the full history of this popular east end howff Click here.
When the pub was demolished a new tenement building with a public house on the ground floor was erected on the same site, the new name of the pub was the Oak Bar.
Mr George Honeyman Farmer. 1894.
The Oak Bar.