Stafford Street, Oban, Argyll. PA34.
The Oban Distillery. 2008.
The Oban Distillery was founded by three Brothers Hugh, James and John Stevenson in 1794. The family also founded the town of Oban. In 1883 James Walter Higgins acquired it. Then in 1898 it was acquired by Oban & Aultmore-Glenlivet Distilleries Ltd. 1923 Oban Distillery Co Ltd (part of the John Dewar & Sons.) It was closed down from 1931-37 during the Second Wolrd War.