45 Adelphi Street, Glasgow.
The Old Burn Foot Vaults was one of Glasgow’s very old drinking dens. It stood at the well known corner of Crown Street and Adelphi Street in the Gorbals. In 1886 the old howff was taken over by Mr E Leslie, he succeeded Mr McQueen and had extended the property of the place in a wonderful degree. Apart from its old appearance relatively good quality liquor was stocked. Back in the old days when the cotton trade was in full swing, when poverty was almost unknown in the district, the Old Burn Foot Vaults stood in the front rank of wine and spirit establishments in the city. It became an international landmark of the old times.