504 Argyle Street, Glasgow.
The pub here on the left was called Alexander and was taken in 1959.
Named after the owner of the pub Alfred James Alexander. He also ran pubs at 106 Paisley Road West and was trustee of 55 Kingston Street. In 1937 Alfred traded under the name of A J & E Alexander Ltd spirit dealers. Ernest W Alexander was licensee of the premises in Paisley Road West at the corner of Mair Street from 1926.
From 1910 until the end of the First World War, Hugh McLean owned this small public house.
In 1891 Walter McFarlane took over the licence, the address was then Main Street, Anderston. There has been a pub on this site since at least the 1870s. It was demolished in the 1960s.