137 Auchinairn Road, Bishopbriggs, Glasgow. G64 1NF. Tel:014 1772 1399.
Auchinairn Tavern, 1991.
The Auchinairn Tavern was in the Ross family for over half a century. The tavern was refurbished in 1955, two sitting rooms on either side of the main bar were removed to make more room and give the place a new layout. Fluorescent lighting was also introduced. A modern cocktail bar and lounge was also added to the rear of the premises.
The bar to the left had a mirrored gantry, illuminated by concealed lighting. The wood panelling was highly polished with red and chrome beer pumps on the formica topped bar. A glass panelled roof over the bar concealed coloured lights with five lantern lights.
Interior view of the Auchinairn Tavern, 1955.
The wall seats were of red leather with oblong tables and small stools also in red leather. A red carpet with cocktail motifs covered the lounge floor. A glass brick wall divided the lounge from the entrance. A new fireplace was also fitted to give a warm feel to the place during winter evenings.
Flora M Ross was licensee in 1955.
Do you know anything about this pub? if so please get in touch.