160 Woodlands Road, Glasgow. G3. Tel: 01413321210.
Halt Bar. 1991.
There’s been a pub on this sit since at least 1875.
In 1896 Michael Dawson was landlord, he owned several pubs in the city including Kelvinhaugh Street, Dumbarton Road and one in Anderston Quay.
There’s an old mirror in the premises advertising Archibald Campbell’s Edinburgh Ales. The pub also has an unspoiled interior with a wood panelled snug, large u shaped bar counter, wooden dado and Lyncrusta wallpaper.
In 1936 Andrew Ross was licensee, he was not only a wine and spirit merchant, but traded as a brewers agent. His son also Andrew took control of Samuel Dows business.
The Alexander Brother’s pouring pints at the Halt Bar 1977.
The Halt Bar, January 2015.
1990 James McIntyre for allan Partnership Ltd.
1973-1947 Andrew Ross for Andrew Ross & Sons Wines Ltd.
1936 Andrew Ross.
1919-1896 Michael Dawson.
1875 John Gillon.
Other Pubs on Woodlands Road…
Arlington Bar. 130
Primary the. 315
Uisage Beatha. 232