96 West Nile Street, Glasgow.
The building of which the Imperial Cafe started it’s life as James Baird & Company, City Auctioneers and Valuaters. In 1890 David Adams opened it as the Imperial Cafe, Mr Adams was very successful and operated other licensed premises at 151 Queen Street and 80 Stobcross Street. The dinning area was very spacious, a large buxom woman, splendidly proportioned, and a picture of health, stands behind the bar. Artistic ability is shown in every corner of the cafe bar, a large crystal display was a feature of the Imperial. The bar stretched from the entrance right along the full length of the room. From the bar the visitor moves easily into the dinning-hall. The bill of fare was carefully selected, a full dinner to a quick snack could be got here at any time of the day. Mr Adams continued as licensee until 1890.
Mr John Craig then took over from David Adams. Mr Craig was also very successful here, he conducted a pub at 614 Eglinton Street in the south side of the city for many years. One of the last proprietors was a gentleman called James Greenless, the place closed down in 1910.