106 West Campbell Street, Glasgow. G2 4TY. Tel: 01412219184. Squire’s. 1991. Once known as the Whistle. The Whistle Lounge Bar Advert 1970. ————————————————- Mrs Liz Wright owner of the Whistle Bar 1978. To read on what’s up with Mrs Wright click here. The Whistle Lounge Bar was opened by Norman D Wright a director of […]
West Campbell Street
150 West Campbell Street, Glasgow. G2. Opened in the 1990s as one of the many Irish themed pub in Glasgow. Formerly the Whisky Bar and Ubar lounge which was part of the Republic Bier Halle group.
293 West Campbell Street, Glasgow. In 1892 Mr John McDougall acquired a public house from Mrs Morrison when he was only twenty eight years of age. The pub had already undergone interior alterations and redecoration when he moved in as landlord. John was a native of Islay, famed for its whiskies as well for its […]
5 West Campbell Street, Glasgow. G2 6QQ. Demolished. The City Rendezvous. 1991. This old pub was established in 1854 owned by John Caldwell. In 1899 Thomas Kirkham occupied the premises paying an annul rent of £95.00, he also owned a pub in Ingram Street. When Mr E J McMonagle took over the pub he renamed […]