602 Duke Street, Glasgow. G31 1JX. Tel: 0141 550 4493.
The Quarter Gill 1991.
This popular Rangers football pub is now called the Bristol Bar, and is just one of the many Ranger’s public houses on Duke Street. It is situated at the corner of Gateside Street and Duke Street. To read the full history of this popular east end pub click here.
The Bristol Bar. 2005.
In 2005 the Bristol Bar had a colour scheme of red white and blue. A large pool table took up most of the floor space in the main bar.
In 1939 this old pub was known as the White Horse.
The White Horse. 1939.
The Bristol Bar. 1939.
The two images above the White Horse and the Bristol Bar are a before and after, after major refurbishments in 1939.
The interior of the Bristol Bar. 1939.
Interior view of the main bar. 2017.
Note the wall mural of Ibrox Stadium. 2017.
The pool table as now gone to make more space for the local Ranger’s fans. 2017.
The owners of the Bristol Bar took over the premises next door and converted it into a night club called “The Cruz Club” but it never opened. The owners built the club a few years ago and never got permission and never got a licence to open. 2008.
Duke Street is the longest Street in the UK.
Over the years this pub has been known as the White Horse, The Bristol Bar, The Great Eastern Bar.
First licensed in 1874.
The Roberts family owned this pub for 50 years.