72 Maitland Street, Glasgow.
There has been a pub on this site since at least the 1840s. In 1875 John Paterson was landlord, he also owned a pub in 5 Monkland Street.
James Shanks owned the pub in the 1890s, Mr Shanks was a well established wine & spirit merchant having pubs on Cowcaddens, Cornwall Street and Hamilton Street, Govan.
Another well known spirit merchant to own this old city howff was Philip MacSorley. In 1899 he owned pubs on Jamaica Street, Pollokshaws Road and the Garngad.
The premises were taken over by John O’Hara jun at the end of the 1800s, after his death Joseph Cosgrove took over as one of the Trustees of Mr O’Hara.
The pub closed it’s door for good when the First World War came to an end, Thomas Yelton Ogilvie was the last occupier.