89 Westmuir Street, Parkhead, Glasgow. G31 5EU. Tel: 01415540420.
The Prince Charlie. 1991.
This pub was originally called William Craib.The locals called it Craib’s.
William Craib was born in 1887, he took over over his first public house at 770 Dumbarton Road when he was only 24 years of age. Two years later he opened up another pub on Dumbarton Road, Partick the old Criterion Bar, a store and bottling premises were later opened which is now the old grain store.
In 1922 William took over an old pub in the east end of the city at 21 Westmuir Street, other premises opened later at the present site. The old pub on Westmuir Street was demolished.
During the 1960 trustee Archibald Kirkland held licence’s for 5 pubs 2 in Westmuir Street, 1 at 618 Dalmarnock Road, 1512 Maryhill Road, 317 Dumbarton Road.
The Prince Charlie, August 2005.