Ward’s Bar, Parkhead and Partick. 69 Westmuir Street, Glasgow.
91 Westmuir Street, Parkhead, Glasgow. David Anderson’s Auld Hoose. Circa 1910. In 1892 the proprietor was Mr David Anderson, the pub was then called the Auld House. Mr Anderson collected antiquarian curios and fixed them on the walls in the bar. Over the years the place became cluttered with unusual things of interest, including a […]
89 Westmuir Street, Parkhead, Glasgow. G31 5EU. Tel: 01415540420. The Prince Charlie. 1991. This pub was originally called William Craib.The locals called it Craib’s. William Craib was born in 1887, he took over over his first public house at 770 Dumbarton Road when he was only 24 years of age. Two years later he opened […]
174 Westmuir Street, Parkhead, Glasgow. G31 5BS. Tel: 01415503154. O’Kane’s photo taken August 2005. Like many pubs in Glasgow when the name of the establishment changes, the locals will still call the pub by it’s old name, this is what happened to this pub. It was known for many years as O’Kane’s, when the name […]
243 Westmuir Street, Parkhead, Glasgow. G31. Now Demolished. The Anchorage Bar, 1991. This was known to the locals as low Worton’s after the owners name, high Worton’s was the Anchor Bar on the Gallowgate at Parkhead. Opened around 1910 by the Worton family. The Anchorage Bar is now long gone. A new housing estate now […]