514 Govan Road, Glasgow.
W Allan. Circa 1900.
William Allan, Wine & Spirit Merchant traded at 514 Govan Road at the corner of Portland lane.
The tenement was called Portland Buildings.
William Allan removed from these premises and took over a pub at 652 Govan Road at Napier Street, he continued here until his death in 1906. His wife Jane then took over the licence and held the certificate until the end of WW1.
James Walker Page ran the pub in the 30s and 50s, he also had another pub at 709 Govan Road. These pubs were taken over by Donald G C Grant of Rogano Ltd in the 1960s.
1967 John Scott was licensee here until 1973. When the pub closed it’s doors for the last time before it was demolished, Kennedy’s wine & food Ltd occupied the premises.