814 Govan Road corner of 2-4 Water Row, Glasgow.
Windsor Lounge, Water Row, Govan. 1963.
The Windsor Lounge sat at the corner of Water Row and Govan Road. In 1880 William Robin was proprietor of this old public house, he also ran another establishment at 62-64 Thistle Street, Gorbals in the south side of the city, he live at 12 Sandyford Street. William was a well-known Spirit Merchant in the Licensed Trade in Govan and Glasgow as Govan was then not part of the City. After the First World War Mr Robin was paying an annul rent of £100 for the pub in Water Row, he continued to run the pub well into the 1900s.
During the 1930s a Mr A Philip was landlord, he served the locals here for many years and some will still remember him as he was still the licensee until the 1960s, the pub was demolished around 1963.