59 Cambridge Street, Glasgow. G3 6QX. Tel: 0141 230 3248. Warsteiner. 1991. This popular Cambridge Street pub opened in 1966 built by Tennent Caledonian Breweries as the Waldorf. This busy pub occupied the site of a new multi storey office block near to Sauchiehall Street. Thomas George Dick was licensee and manager Mr Jim F […]
92 Cambridge Street, Glasgow. In 1896 Andrew Millar was the owner of this old public house, he paid and annul rent of £85.00. He continued as landlord here until 1911. The licence was then transferred to publican George Williamson until after the First World War. Well known city spirit merchant Thomas Pattison ran this old […]
101 Cambridge Street, Glasgow. G3 6RU. Macintosh’s Bar. 1991. Left to right James McKell owner of the Turf Bar at the corner of Hospital Street and Rutherglen Road, Gorbals, George Ramster of the Glasgow and District Licensed Trade Defence Association and Mrs Mary Forster of Macintosh’s Bar Cambridge Street. 1959. In the News 1978… Ready […]
22 Cambridge Street, Glasgow. G3 3DZ. Carnegie’s Underground. 1991. Carnegie’s chain of pubs were so popular in the city fifteen years ago, there was also Carnegie’s in West George Street, St Vincent Street, and Waterloo Street. Do you remember Carnegie’s Underground? If so please leave a comment. END.
78 Cambridge Street, Glasgow. G2 3HN. Demolished. The Cambridge Bar was situated at the corner of Cambridge Street and Wemyss Place. 1960s. In the 1890s Councillor Alexander McLaren ran this popular howff, the McLaren family of publican’s owned licensed premises in the city since the 1840s. Alexander owned pubs on the Gallowgate, Candleriggs the old […]