3 Dalmarnock Road, 13 Bridgeton Cross, Glasgow. G40. Closed. Umbrella Bar. 1991. This old Bridgeton landmark has been here since 1875. The owner William Hillcoat owned some of the best established pub in the city of Glasgow including premises on the Broomielaw, Anderston Quay, Trongate, Stockwell Street, Port Dundas Road and Pollokshaws Road. One of […]
559-63 Dalmarnock Road, Glasgow. This old pub sat at the corner of 2 Springfield Road. Springfield Bar at the corner of Dalmarnock Road and Springfield Road. 1953. Mr. Eric McRitchie, manager of the Springfield Bar, presenting toys and food to Mrs. Margaret Forrest, hon. secretary of the Rotary Centre for Spastics, 7 Queen’s Crescent, St. […]
222 Dalmarnock Road, Glasgow. The Prince of Wales was built in the 1850s and owned by Wine Merchant and Portioner James Maxwell. When Mr Maxwell passed away his wife Mary became license holder and sold the pub in the late 1860s. William Auchterlonie took over the pub in 1871. Mr Auchterlonie was born in Kinghorn, […]
317-19 Dalmarnock Road, Glasgow. Plaza Bar, Dalmarnock Road 1978. This old East End pub was once called Matthew Burnside. Many generations of the Burnside family owned this pub and the history of the family can be traced back to around 1856, but not always a wine and spirit merchants. In 1856 J & M Burnside […]
37 Dalmarnock Road, Glasgow. Nero’s. 1991.
240 Dalmarnock Road, Glasgow. Falcons Nest. 1991. Falcons Nest August. 2005.