778 Pollokshaws Road, Pollokshaws, Glasgow. G41. Tel: 0141 424 0858. Opened in the early 1990s. Check back soon for the history of this pub.
16-18 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow. G5 9QZ. Demolished. To read the history of the Cathkin Vaults Click here. In 1893 an interesting ceremony took place in Transfield’s Circus, South Side, in which Mr James McDonald of the Cathkin Vaults, played a prominent part. The occasion was the presentation of a handsome watch and chain and appendages […]
220 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow. G41 2AD . Demolished. The Cockatoo. 1991. This old pub has now been demolished, it was situated near the Plaza Ballroom. This old pub on this site since 1872 and was run by David Tennent. In 1886 David Baxter was licensee. In 1892 Balfour Seator Nicol took over this pub paying […]
964 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow. G41 2ET. Tel: 0141 632 6741. Bay Horse. 1991. Bay Horse. 1937. Bay Horse. 1937. Owner of the Bay Horse, Mr. James Stewart. 1899. Mr Stewart also owned the Maxwell Vaults in Pollokshaws. To find out the interesting history of this pub click here. Update… 2012 This old favourite is now […]