John Eadie. Mr John Eadie. 1892. Mr John Eadie was born in April 1867 in South Leith, he spent most of his life in Glasgow, a city that found him work and wealth. When young John came to Glasgow he worked in the shipyards on the River Clyde as a Stevedore and Measurer (dock labourer, […]
25 Stobcross Street, Glasgow. In 1875 Neil Brown was landlord here, he also owned licensed premises in Duke Street and High Street. In 1891 Jeanie Davidson Williamson acquired the licence, she continued as licensee until the 1920s. The owner’s of the property was the Caledonian Railway Company, she paid them an annul rent of £65. […]
1453 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow. The Station Bar sat at the corner of Pollokshaws Road and Leckie Street formerly College Street. Licence Holders. 1947 Norman MacKinnon. 1937 John MacKinnon.
55 Port Dundas Road, Glasgow. G4 0HF. Tel: 01413323117. To read the history of the Station Bar click here. Bar manager Thomas W Stothart. 1893. Young Thomas Stothart started work in this bar at the bottom of the ladder and worked his way up to manager, is employed stated that he was a friend and […]
2499 Dumbarton Road, Glasgow. G14. Tel: 01419523472. Station Bar. 1991. This old pub was owned by the Scott family for years. During the Second World War the pub was run by Mrs Jessie Scott. Station Bar in the 1960s.
607 London Road, Bridgeton, Glasgow. G40 1NE. Tel: 01415518205. Station Bar. 1991. During the 1950s and 60s this was the Windsor Restaurant. In 1967 a licence was granted to Miss Margaret Grant Hall to sell wines and spirits. Just a few years ago this was known as the Windsor Bar it has now changed back […]