778 Pollokshaws Road, Pollokshaws, Glasgow. G41. Tel: 0141 424 0858. Opened in the early 1990s. Check back soon for the history of this pub.
659 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow. G41 2AB. Tel: 01414245071. Strathie’s. 1991. To read the full history of this old south side favourite, check back soon for our second book. Strathies. 2008. This popular southside local was once called “The Kindmans.” The Kind Man advert 1977. The Kind Man’s advert 1970.
1453 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow. The Station Bar sat at the corner of Pollokshaws Road and Leckie Street formerly College Street. Licence Holders. 1947 Norman MacKinnon. 1937 John MacKinnon.
752 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow. G41 2AX. Tel: 01414231176. New Regent. 1991. To read the full history of this popular south side bar click here.
16-18 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow. G5 9QZ. Demolished. To read the history of the Cathkin Vaults Click here. In 1893 an interesting ceremony took place in Transfield’s Circus, South Side, in which Mr James McDonald of the Cathkin Vaults, played a prominent part. The occasion was the presentation of a handsome watch and chain and appendages […]
220 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow. G41 2AD . Demolished. The Cockatoo. 1991. This old pub has now been demolished, it was situated near the Plaza Ballroom. This old pub on this site since 1872 and was run by David Tennent. In 1886 David Baxter was licensee. In 1892 Balfour Seator Nicol took over this pub paying […]