89 Stockwell Street, Glasgow, G1 5HE Stockwell Street Application Refused – 1909 The publican of 89 Stockwell Street, James Buchanan (Lived at 370 Cumberland Street) has applied for a certificate for new premises at 111 Stockwell Street, or alternatively for a provisional grand and confirmation for the same premises. The current landlords of 89 Stockwell […]
70 King Street, Pollokshaws, later Shawbridge Street, Glasgow. formerly 28 King Street, Pollokshaws. In 1893 George Smith was landlord of the Royal George Spirit Vaults. There was also the Royal George Hotel on the same street. In 1903 Mr J Eadie was licensee.
2 Main Street, Pollokshaws .later Shawbridge Street. The Old Trades Inn, 2 Main Street, Pollokshaws was owned by Thomas Wilson in the late 1880s. He was born in East Wemyss, Fifeshire in 1837. When he was a boy he entered the services of Messrs. Robert & Thomas Hutcheson, corn merchants, Kirkcaldy He only remained in […]
147 Springburn Road, Glasgow. The Caley Bar was formerly called Hughes Bar, established by wine and spirit merchant James Hughes in 1875. Mr Hughes lived in nearby 17 Petershill Road, he belonged to the well known Springburn family of Hughes who had pubs and licensed grocers businesses in that area. Mr Hughes also owned […]
323 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow. G2 3WH. Tel: 0141 353 0953. Bier Hof. 2008. Other branches of the Bier are in 372-74 Great Western Road, Glasgow. Telephone 0141 339 9177. They also have a Pizza delivery call 07597 563 598. The Original Republic Bier Halle is at 9 Gordon Street off Buchanan Street, tel: 0141 204 0706. […]