Storm Queen, Dumbarton Road.
Grain Hopper, Dumbarton Road.
469 Dumbarton Road, Partick, Glasgow. G11 6EJ. Tel 01415691011. Windsor Tavern. 1991. This well established Partick local was known in the 1890s as the Windsor licensed restaurant. The owner Robert R Davidson was a native of Aberdeen and the son of a well respected member of the trade in the granite city. The old […]
336 Dumbarton Road, Partick, Glasgow. G11 6TG. Tel: 01413391000. Victoria Bar. 1991. In 1881 Neil Jackson was licensee here and for the next seven years continued to do so, he was living with his wife Elizabeth at 1 Anderson Street, Partick. Mr Jackson was born in Lochgilphead in 1839 and came to Glasgow as a […]
150 Dumbarton Road, Glasgow. Bennett’s Union Jack. 1890. The Union Jack sat at the corner of Dumbarton Road and Kent Road. This part of Dumbarton Road became Argyle Street and the address changed to 1008 Argyle Street. Abraham Bennett took over this old pub in 1890, the was very basic, linoleum lined the floors, […]
53-61 Dumbarton Road, Glasgow. G11 6PD. Tel: 0141 334 3301. Exchequer. 1991 This old pub was built on the site of John Black’s old public house in 1900. Philip MacSorley a well known Glasgow publican commissioned architects Clarke & Bell to design his new art nouveau saloon bar. Philip MacSorley started out in the […]