77 Finnieston Street, Glasgow.
In 1887 Samuel Blackstock had his small public house remodelled, which meant that 200 customers could now sit in comfort. The bar counter itself ran 26 feet long, beside this small rooms also known as snugs with high ceilings were set up. The pub like all the others were very busy especially when the Queen’s Docks was at the foot of the street.
Another landlord to run this pub was Robert Morrison, he took over in 1892 and made a good living from the pub, when he died his wife Louise took control of the business in 1915, the following year she sold up to James MacDonald.
There has been a public house on this site since 1853. James McBeath spirit merchant was the first to acquire the licence. However he only lasted a few years in this business until 1956.
In 1861 Duncan McVean was licensee he too only lasted a few years until 1863. In 1864 Mr Charles Scholefield traded here for less than a year before William Fleming took over. Again he lasted a few years too and sold up in 1868.
The next licensee was Joseph Rew, Joseph also owned a public house at 82 North Street and lived next door to that pub. He sold up in 1875.
John Colquhoun from 1875 to 1880. Hugh McNab from 1882 to 1885.
As above Samuel Blackstock owned the pub from 1887 until 1891.
Robert Morrison took over the pub from 1892 until the early 1900s. George Morrison was licensee in 1911.
James McDonald owned the pub from 1916 until the 1940s. One of the last publicans to run the pub was James Stirrat. The pub was demolished in the early part of 1960s.
License Holder. 1875 John Colquhoun.