518 Argyle Street, Glasgow.
The Tap Bar. 1960s.
In 1903 this old pub was owned by wine and spirit merchant Malcolm McIntyre. He continued to serve the local until after the First World War.
During the 30s Mr J McGowan ran the pub before Eward Hamilton took over. Mr Hamilton ran a successful business here until the pub was closed and demolished in the 1960s.
Tap Bar. 1960s.
Dinner dance at the Glasgow Vintners’ Golf Club. 1957. Left to right Mr & Mrs Edward Hamilton, Tap Bar, Argyle Street, Mr & Mrs H McLaughlan, Central Bar, Prestwick, Mr Paul Kearney, Kearney’s Bar, Castle Street, Mr & Mrs John Hamilton, The Tavern, Glebe Street.