311 Argyle Street, Glasgow.
Foxy Fowler’s. 1980.
This was originally the Gordon Arms Bar situated at the corner of Argyle Street and Robertson Street.
It became known as Foxy Fowlers in the 1980s.
There has been a pub on this site since 1852, occupied then by a gentleman called Donald Campbell. Over the years there have been many wine & spirit merchants trading from these premises, including Robert Graham, Alexander Bremner, he also owned the Stonefield Tavern, Blantyre and Henry Kerr.
When George McCallum owned it in 1885 the pub was known as Eunson’s Cafe Royal, Mr McCallum was also an inventor and owned the Caley Bar at the corner of Castle Street and Charles Street and the Artisan, Garngad Road (Big Glen).