Fairfield Street, Govan. Bailey’s Bar. circa 1960s. If you have any stories about this pub, please get in touch
6 Findlay Street, Cowcaddens, Glasgow. Demolished. In 1929 Findlay Street changed name and became Stow Street. There has been a public house on this site since 1866. The first landlord was John McKay who lived at 31 Buccleuch Street. Mr McKay continued as licensee until 1876. The next licensee was a gentleman called Thomas Pincock. […]
52 Fortrose Street, Glasgow. Wickets Hotel, 52 Fortrose Street advert 1975. Una McLean and Johnny Beattie visit the Wickets Hotel. 1976. Other licensed premises on Fortrose Street… Fiddlers. 10
55 Farmloan Road, Rutherglen, Glasgow. G73 1DN. Tel: 01416132401. Victoria Bar. 1991. In the early part of the 19th century Harry Thomson was licensee for these premises.
3 Forge Street, Glasgow. G21 2DQ.Tel: 01415528055. The Glen. 1991. To read the full history of this pub click here. The Germiston Arms. 1930s. The Glen with a new paint job. 2008. The Glen is now Closed Down. June 2009. ALSO SEE BIG GLEN.
3 Finnieston Street, Glasgow. Demolished. Mr Robert C Kerr. 1897. Wine and Spirit Merchant Robert C Kerr was born in Catrine, Ayrshire, Robert Burns country. Robert was educated at the village school. He started work very early in the cotton mills, cotton spinning being at that time one of the stable industries of Scotland. Robert […]