Main Street Street, Cambuslang, Glasgow. G72. At the reopening of Morrison’s Bar- front row, Mrs J Morrison, jun; Mrs Laurie; Mrs J Morrison, sen; Mrs R Williamson, The Viking Bar, Rutherglen; and Mrs E Prosser, off sales, Cambuslang. back row, James Anderson, Dewar’s; R McLeish, George Morton Ltd; Yuill A. Irvine, Johnnie Walker; D […]
Can anyone remember a pub called the Companions. A Cambuslang pub from around 1979. Athletic Bar. Auld Cellar. The Auld Hoose. Black Bull. Black Bull. The Borgie Rest. The Brolly. Carrigan’s. Cee Dee. Chadwick’s. Cheers. Clock Inn. Coach & Horses. County Bar. County Inn. The Cross. Curlers Rest. Deek’s. Evys Inn. Findlay’s. First Glass. Halfway […]
40 Hamilton Road, Cambuslang . Matthew “Matty” Forsyths Culers Rest. c1920s. The Curlers Inn was also known as the Curlers Rest. The Curlers Rest.
Main Street, Cambuslang, Glasgow. G72. The Brolly Bar. 1972. In the summer of 1972 Tennent Caledonian Breweries had just completed extensive renovations in their public house, The Brolly, in Main Street, Cambuslang. Pictured along with members of staff are; Mr D Aitken, Controller of Tennent Caledonian Breweries; Councillor Mrs Helen McIlhenny; Mrs B Maxwell, […]
Main Street, Cambuslang. The Auld Hoose, Main Street, Cambuslang was demolished in 1929 to make way for a new cinema The Savoy at a cost of £22,000. Giacinto Minato died in 1912 he was the landlord of the Auld Hoose, Cambuslang. He was a well-known figure in town and a popular man. He spoke […]
Main Street, Cambuslang Cross. The Auld Cellar on the left at Cambuslang Cross. If you have any memories of this pub, please get in touch.