Can anyone remember a pub called the Companions. A Cambuslang pub from around 1979. Athletic Bar. Auld Cellar. The Auld Hoose. Black Bull. Black Bull. The Borgie Rest. The Brolly. Carrigan’s. Cee Dee. Chadwick’s. Cheers. Clock Inn. Coach & Horses. County Bar. County Inn. The Cross. Curlers Rest. Deek’s. Evys Inn. Findlay’s. First Glass. Halfway […]
31 Argyle Street, Glasgow. Mr Walter Coombs proprietor of the Popes Eye Tavern. 1895. Walter Coombs took over the Pope Eye Tavern in 1895. To read more on the history of the Pope Eye Tavern keep an eye out for our second book here. In 1902 Mr Coombs took over the popular Borgie Rest, Main […]
230 Main Street, Cambuslang, Glasgow. G72 7EG. Tel: 0141 646 3411. Finlay’s. 1991. Finlay’s. 2006. Ornate Stone Work and Crest of the past proprietor William Eadie. Do you have any memories of this old Pub? If so please leave a comment. END.
226-228 Main Street, Cambuslang. G72 7EN. Tel: 0141 641 2407. In 1880 William Cook acquired a licence to well wines, spirits, and beer from these premises and called it “The Black Bull.” Another member of his family James Cook also acquired a licence, his pub was James Cook Wine & Spirit Merchant, Main Street. William […]
Main Street, Cambuslang. James Cook Wine & Spirit Merchant, Main Street in the centre of the image. In 1880 James Cook acquired a licence to sell wines, spirits and beer at a new pub on Main Street, Cambuslang. At the same time there was a William Cook who also took on a public house on […]
22-24 Newton Brae, Cambuslang, Glasgow. G72 7UW. Closed. The Newton Inn is an old hostelry dating back to Victorian times. Over the years it has had a few name changes including MacKay’s, The Coach & Horses, and The Black Bull. The white building on the left in the background is the Newton Inn. In recent […]