490 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow. G2 3LW. Tel: 0141332 1120. The Garage. 2005. The Garage was formerly a night club called Shuffle’s. Does this place bring back memories, if so please contact us and we will review your comments. In the 1980s many of the youngsters frequenting Shuffle’s came from Govan. Shuffles advert 1974. Email […]
117 Bishop Street, Anderston. The Whye Not. The pub sat at the corner of 117 Bishop Street, and William Street, Anderston. It was originally called Gilmour’s Bar. Hugh Gilmour the owner of the pub in the 1890s had other premises in the city, the most famous one still survives today and is known as Thomson’s […]
Anderston. The Exchange Bar on the far right. 1958.
Hamilton Road, Cambuslang. Evy’s Inn. 2005. Formerly called the Old Toll Bar. The Toll Bar. 1960s.
359 Springburn Road corner of 2 Gourlay Street, Glasgow. In 1875 Peter McCall acquired a license to sell wine, spirits and ales at this public house. Mr McCall lived in Springburn during his stay as a wine and spirit merchant, his first house was at 297 Springburn Road before moving to 5 Flemington […]