359 Springburn Road corner of 2 Gourlay Street, Glasgow.
In 1875 Peter McCall acquired a license to sell wine, spirits and ales at this public house. Mr McCall lived in Springburn during his stay as a wine and spirit merchant, his first house was at 297 Springburn Road before moving to 5 Flemington Street.
In 1882 James Newton became the new landlord, he succeeded until 1902 when his son Arthur became a partner in the firm trading under the name of James Newton & Son, this name was above the doorway with Wine & Spirits at each end. Over the years the pub became known as the Eureka Bar. The James Newton & Son traded here until the end of the Second World War.
In the 1960s Mr R Baxter was licensee, one of the last publicans to run the pub was George Thomson from 1967. The Eureka Bar sat at the corner of Gourlay Street and Springburn Road facing the Vulcan Bar and Bauldy Baynes.